Friday, June 12, 2015

Re-memormy

     My first love was an interesting experience. For my first romantic experience, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I had lots of ideas, a few expectations. At this point, I was assuming love meant relationship. It's really not. Though through this first relationship I started to learn the meaning of love.  I started developing my capacity to love. My first love didn't quite love me back. They were always so nice to me, I got to feel special around them. I'd always want to be around them, to make them feel good like me. It wasn't meant to be though. We were in different places emotionally. They weren't attracted to me. Eventually they got into a romantic relationship with another person and we grew apart.
But coincidence.
     We reconnected a few years later. We had a chance to reshape our relationship. We spent a lot of time together, through convenience and circumstance. They were as kind I remembered them, as dorky and amazing. I fell in love all over again. I think I was able to bring some light into their life too. We grew as close as we've ever been before. I was able to say things I've never said before, my feelings, cleaned and laid out. They were able to say things too, things I had to take in, to bear. In the end, it wasn't what I imagined, or what I wanted, but it is what it is. We have a relationship, one I know I can count on till the end of our days. And love. We can say we love each other. Freely and without expectation. Because that's what love is.

Affection, adoration, elated feelings brought without expectations.
Pure. Love.
Idealist flattery, bourne of life.
Unavoidable.
Perfection.
Thoughts of nothing but.
Pain, pleasure.
Waiting for somebody, somebody.
Brought home by disillusionment.
Found lies.
Truth.
Aggravation, temperance.
Being.
One.
All.
Love. Love. Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment